Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Thermal Pollution-DJ
What IS thermal Pollution?
thermal pollution is hot water or waste
from places like factories that gets
dumped into bodies of water and can kill life that lives there
There is a power plant in california
that gradually lets off the pollution instead
of all at once, which decreases fish kills.
Also environmental and chemical engineers work to remove the thermal pollution. this shows signs of people working towards getting rid of thermal pollution.
-There aren't many
advantages to thermal
pollution, but one
is that the
water around electricity
florIda that release the
pollution is so warm that
manatees use it for
warmth and shelter.
thermal pollution: history
Over the past fifty years, there has been an increase in electricity use, increasing the
output of thermal pollution...
Thermal Pollution and
When thermal pollution becomes too much, and starts affecting us, Someone has to pay to clean it up.
Also, thermal Pollution is good for the companies that create it because they don't have to pay to properly clean it up, they can just dump it.
other interesting facts!!!!
ways you can prevent thermal pollution are...
-RestrICTIng THE AMOUNT OF HEATED WATER DISCHaRGED INTO THE SAME SOURCE OF WATER
Waste from Industries
use of coolant in nuclear power plant, industries
thermal shock : causing harm to aquatic
reduces life span of primary producers
affects reproductive system of aquatic organism
gives rise to anaerobic condition and favour
the growth of bacteria
pollution can be defined as an undesirable change in the physical, chemical or biological characters of land ,air or water that may or will effect harmfully the human life, its properties , health and all other such perspectives of civilization.
• Forty percent of America’s rivers and 46 percent of America’s lakes are too polluted for fishing, swimming, or aquatic life.
• The Mississippi River drains the lands of nearly 40 percent of the continental United States. It also carries an estimated 1.5 million metric tons of nitrogen pollution into the Gulf of Mexico each year, resulting in a dead zone each summer about the size of New Jersey.
PREVENT SHORELINE FROM DEVEGETATION
WASTE WATER RELEASED FROM THE POWER PLANTS CAN BE USED FOR IRRIGATION PURPOSE TO PROLONG THE GROWING SEASON OF SOME SPECIES IN FROST PRONE AREAS
WASTE HOT WATER IS USED TO CULTIVATE OYSTERS IN AGRICULTURAL LAGOONS IN JAPAN IN NEY YORK'S LONG ISLAND SOUND TO CULTIVATE CATFISH REDFISH IN TEXAS
TO HEAT BUILDINGS , GREEN HOUSES etc.
CAN BE USED UNDER SKYWALKS TO MELT SNOW IN THE COLD COUNTRIES
TO DESALINATE OCEAN WATER
THANK Y U
Installation of green roofs, improved chemical
handling, infiltration basins, bioretension system
PROCESS IN WHICH CONTAMINANTS ARE REMOVED FROM STROM WATER RUNOFF
IT IS A SHALLOW ARTIFICIAL POND THAT IS DESIGNED TO INFILTRATE STROM WATER THOUGH PERMEABLE SOILS INTO THE GROUND WATER