Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is World Vision ?
Transcript of What is World Vision ?
What is World Vision's main objective?
a non-profit organisation
founded by Robert Pierce in 1950 in the United States
it became a global organisation in 1977
100 Countries partnership
40,000 + staff members around the world
In Australia founded in 1966 by Bernard Barron
Where does the funding come from?
Where does the funding go to?
World Vision has 2 focuses health strategy
Improves child nutrition
Education on birth, breast feeding and immunitation
Provides essential health services
2000 children die / day
unsafe drinking water
What we can do?
67 Million elementary
age children are
NOT in school
774 Million illiterate adults
Distributing shelter materials
Lives of children
expanding preschool and early childhood development
ensuring solid basic skills
developing empowerment, civic engagement, economic opportunities
Children are born with the same
dignity, citizenship and rights as adults
3 Main approaches
Call us on 13 32 40 from within Australia / + 61 3 9940 5501 from overseas
By Lisa Chalker September 2014