Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cloud Computing
What is the cloud?
Virtualization of the cloud....
Cloud Computing Services:
What is the CLOUD?
In the most rudimentary definition the
is the internet.
refers to the services and architecture that are used virtually through the internet (Knorr & Gruman, 2013).
SaaS refers to the ability to deliver, operate and maintain software applications and services in a cloud environment (Benlian, Koufaris & Hess, 2011).
- a single instance of a software application exists
- this application is delivered to virtualized hardware
- this application is available to any user on the internet
- there is no need to download the application
(software runs on hardware and operating system in the virtualized architecture (Knorr & Gruman, 2013).)
Providers develop and deploy entire development platforms in the cloud that so customers can utilize these platforms for their own local development.
These platforms are:
- maintained in a single location (the cloud)
- versatile and accessed anywhere on the internet
- relatively cheap (if not free) for users to access
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is a concept where using the cloud and virtualization, providers can create massive architectures of processing power, memory, storage, firewalls and networking.
IaaS allows users to utilize these assets virtually over the internet without having to spend significant costs on their own.
- Maximizes computer processing power and storage
- Provides ease of maintenance for providers
- Expands customer user base
- Low cost to customers
- Ease of use for customers
"...... ninety percent of all the data in the world has been produced in the past two years" (Nunan & Di Domenico, 2013).
IaaS & Big Data
Benlian, A., Koufaris, M., & Hess, T. (2011). Service Quality in Software as a Service: Developing the SaaS-Qual Measure and Examining its Role in Usage Continuance. Journal of Management Information Systems, 28(3), 85-126.
Knorr, Eric & Gruman, Galen, 2013. What Cloud Computing Really Means. http://www.infoworld.com/d/cloud-computing/what-cloud-computing-really-means-031?page=0,1.
Nunan, D., & Di Domenico, M. (2013). Market research and the ethics of big data. International Journal of Market Research, 55(4), 2-13.
Big data refers to the growing amount of data and the technological resources required to store this information.
Cloud computing offers several different types of services to customers which provide more efficient ways to utilize software applications, platforms for development and hardware for infrastructures.
These benefits include:
- Lower Cost
- Ease of Use
- Ease of Maintenance
- Maximizes hardware
Virtualization is the underlining concept of cloud computing.
Virtualization implements an additional layer of software between the operating system and the hardware assets of the system.
This removes OS limitations for running software and maximizes the efficiency of the hardware.