Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
* Spray Tans
* Flippers (Fake Teeth)
* Caked on Make-Up
* Fake Eyelashes
* Inappropriate Outfits Flippers (Fake Teeth) Flippers are false teeth that are used in beauty pageants to cover up the girls natural teeth. Flippers are made out of acrylic and can be very uncomfortable for young children. Flippers teach children at a young age that their teeth must be flawless. I think that children shouldn't use flippers in beauty pageants. Spray Tans Many people say that there are no negatives to spray tans but there are. Spray tanning can actually increase your risk of getting skin cancer. If while getting spray tanned the child inhales the spray, it can become introduced to their bloodstream and has the potential to cause genetic alterations. I would recommend to not spray tan. (Pro) Too Much Make-Up In the beauty pageant world, tons of make-up is mandatory. When in a competition you need to have eye liner, lip liner, lipstick, blush, mascara, foundation,
eye shadow and lip gloss in order to win. It seems like a lot of make-up to put on a little girl. Also, the make- up covers up the natural look of the girl. At a young age, the girl may start to be less confident in her natural beauty. Fake Eyelashes Fake eyelashes may look good for a beauty pageant but they have many draw backs. Fake eyelashes don't look real because they are phony and stiff. They also can damage your real eyelashes. When taking them off it can be painful to a child since it could pull out some of there real eyelashes. Fake eyelashes are to be applied with a special glue which contains chemicals that can irritate the skin on your eyelid. Inappropriate Outfits Outfits for beauty pageants can be very expensive especially for glitz pageants. There are three main categories in beauty pageants; beauty, outfit of your choice, and talent. For each category you must have a different outfit. For most swimwear the girls are wearing bikinis or a one piece that shows a lot of skin.
Also, most of the outfit of choice or talent outfits are skin tight. The outfits for beauty pageants aren't very appropriate for young girls. Over All Review Beauty pageants do more harm than they do good. The girls must always travel from place to place for the pageants and practice for many hours every day so they may feel as if they are missing out on part of their childhood. When they are in a pageant they may feel under lots of pressure and when they lose feel as if they have failed. Also, some children who are entered into pageants suffer from anxiety and depression from being in a competitive surrounding or because they feel like they are being forced into doing the pageant. The costs for beauty pageants can be very expensive and even the entrance fees are pricey. Beauty pageants can be harmful for young children. Sites That I Used * http://www.ehow.com/info_8134648_pros-cons-child-beauty-pageants.html *http://www.squidoo.com/child-beauty-pageants-pros-and-cons *http://smileymomof5.blogspot.com/2009/05/pageant-myth-2-glitz-pageants-make.html *http://www.squidoo.com/descriptions-of-categories-in-a-child-pageant *http://pageants101.weebly.com/pros-and-cons.html Any Questions?