Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Our Ideal School
Transcript of Our Ideal School
willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced
keys 2 students
Embed within the school.
- improve take-up of services
- support community atmosphere
- normalise support services
The rulz... Why?
1. Students must
2. Students will put on
a community event on
the second weekend
3. Teachers are there
to ensure safety and
assist if asked.
- Be open-minded about what students can learn and achieve if left to their own devices.
- Give students some agency in what they do at school.
- Give students the opportunity to show what they find important and interesting.
- Why not...?
S - Sustainable
C - Community
O - Opportunity
O - Open-minded
L - Life long learning
"No one should have to pass anyone's test or prove anything in a research study to live and learn in the mainstream of school and community life. This is a basic right, not something one has to earn”
- Mastropieri, M., & Scruggs, T. (2004). The Inclusive Classroom: Strategies for Effective Instruction (Second Edition ed.). Ohio: Pearson: Merrill Prentice Hall.
- Multicultural and diverse population
- Safe, caring learning environment
- Aim to become socially aware and high achievers
- Creative learning, Personal Development, individual and team working
- Special focus in Science, Sport and the Performing Arts
Core and Elective Subjects
Strong community link
Approaches to teaching and learning
35kms from CBD
1974 Satellite city
Past: 2006 35,000
Present: 2013 120,000
Future: 2021 240,000
2nd largest LGA (VIC)
22% increase in crime from 2011-2012
Juveniles enrolled at school but
Two way learning
Teacher mentoring system
eco-friendly school design
from the ground up
from local to global
Community driven model
Youmeus projects (local and global)
Mentoring, leadership, team
Community priorities curriculum
Linking youth with wisdom
2 way learning (out of school)