Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Love and Sacrafice
Transcript of Love and Sacrafice
Our Mission Trip
What Love and Sacrifice means to us
Love and Sacrifice
The sacrifice of love we give,
Takes less and yet gives more;
An everlasting hand of love,
The heart an open door.
The willingness to give of self;
To lay down your own life;
To touch another persons heart,
In loving sacrifice.
The chance that God has given you,
To reach another soul;
Forever changed by kindness,
A life your love made whole.
For life is but a circle,
Each life part of the chain;
Each link is joined by sacrifice,
That causes man to change.
To turn and reach a hand of love,
To touch and other’s life;
Will cause the circle to be whole,
In loving sacrifice
-Helping the less fortunate
-Four work days, 8am-3pm
-Many work sites
On a good day
-Phoenix Jackson was willing to suffer for her grandson
-Walked all day even though she is really old
-"'Well Granny,' he said, 'you must be a hundred years old, and scared of nothing. I'd give you a dime if I had any money with me. But you must take my advice and stay home, and nothing will happen to you'"
"'No sir, I seen plenty go off closer by, in my day, and for less than what I done'"
A dual tale of love and sacrifice
- Ian Ralston & Nicole Sanders 1 year anniversary
- Ralston injured in Iraq
- Ralston becomes quadriplegic
- Proposes to Nicole before departure to hospital
- Sanders accepts even though she will be spending the rest of her life caring her husband
- This shows immense love and sacrifice through Nicole, showing that nothing will impede their love.
I Stand Here Ironing
- "Except that it would have made no difference if I had known. It was the only place there was. It was the only was we could be together, the only way I could hold a job."
- Working very hard to support her daughter
Love and Sacrifice in Harry Potter
-7th book, battle at Hogwarts
-Many people are dying
-Harry decides to sacrifice himself so that nobody else dies
Boxer Saves Little Boy From Death
- Family walking to school with eye-seeing dog.
- Car runs stop sign!
- Simon sacrifices life for the love of the boy
Kilmas, Liz. "Guide Dog Dies for Family." The Blaze.
The Blaze, 26 Sept. 2013. Web. 10 Jan. 2014.
Corbin, Cristina. "A Dual Tale of Love and Sacrifice." Fox
News. FOX News Network, 6 Apr. 2013. Web. 10 Jan. 2014.
-"We meant to have her for our teacher forever"
-"She never had to ask us to be quiet or to stop throwing erasers. We would not have dreamed of doing anything that would displease her"
-Teacher who was loved by her students