Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Slope-Intercept Form
y-intercept: (0,5) Slope-Intercept Form Review y=mx+b slope y-intercept
b=5 y=mx+b y=2x+5 slope=-1/3
y-intercept: (0,-3) m=-1/3
b=-3 y=mx+b y=-1/3x+(-3) y=-1/3x-3 slope=-3
y-intercept: (0,2) y=mx+b slope y-intercept
through (2,5) y=mx+b slope=4
through (2,5) m=4
y=5 y=mx+b m=4
y=5 5=4(2)+b 5=4(2)+b
5= 8 + b
-3=b y=mx+b m=4
b=-3 y=4x-3 slope=8
through (-3,1) y=mx+b
+24 +24 25=b Now that you have found b, plug it back to the standard form with the provided m.
y=8x+25 Use slope-Intercept Form to Graph y=4x-3 slope
(0,-3) 1 m 1 y=(-1/2)x+5 2y - 8x = 20
2y = 20 + 8x
2 2 2
y = 10 + 4x
y = 4x + 10 You always want to rewrite your equation in slope intercept form y=mx+b. y=mx+b 1. add 8x to each side
2. divide each side by 2
3. rewrite in slope intercept form Application To rent a van, a moving company charges $30.00 plus $0.50 per mile. y=mx+b Write an equation in slope intercept form for the line that passes through the points (-1,-9) and (2,6) y=mx+b m= y y - x - x = 6-(-9) 2-(-1) = 15 3 = 5 1. Find the slope 2. Choose one of the points provided and plug it into the slope-intercept form along with m (2,6)
6=5(2)+b 3. Solve for b 6 = 5(2)+b
6 = 10+b
-10 -10 -4=b 4. Plug m and b back in the slope intercept form y=5x-4 Write an equation in slope intercept form for the line that passes through the points (8,-2) and (4,1) y=mx+b m= y y - x - x = = 1. Find the slope 2. Choose one of the points provided and plug it into the slope-intercept form along with m ( , )
y= y=mx+b 3. Solve for b =b 4. Plug m and b back in the slope intercept form y= x+ starting value rate of change m=0.5
b=30 y=0.5x+30 a) write an equation that represents the cost of a function of the number of miles. y represents the cost. x represents the number of miles. b) Find the cost of the van for 150 miles y=0.5x+30
y=105 The cost of the van for 150 miles is $105. Write an equation in slope intercept form given a slop and y-intercept Write an equation in slope-intercept form given a slope and a point. Write an equation in slope-intercept form given two points. m>o: the slope is positive
m<0: the slope is negative