Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Wal-Mart Code of Ethics
Transcript of Wal-Mart Code of Ethics
Joel Insilo Code of Ethics Media Statements Wage and Hour I think my new store will be opening on a certain date.
Can I call the local media to tell them about the Grand
Opening and the activities involved? You may not make any statement (written or verbal) on behalf of Wal-Mart to media, news publications, trade publications or any other source without prior approval from the Corporate Affairs Department. Personal relationships with other associates You may not directly or indirectly supervise family members or associates whom you may date or romantically involved All Wal-Mart associates must....
Comply fully with all corporate policies and procedures related to wage-and-hour issues;
• Comply fully with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to wage-and-hour issues;
• Report any violations of wage-and-hour laws or policies to management I’m an assistant manager of a store. Recently, I
started dating another assistant manager in my store. Is this OK? My manager asks me to pick up some carts each evening on my way to my car. What should I do? This section is included in Wal-Mart's code because...
The public must be informed with accurate and no false information
Protect the name and brand of Wal-Mart This section is included in Wal-Mart's code because...
Even if acting properly, your relationship will likely be seen as influencing your judgment
Can damage morale and disrupt workplace productivity
You may be able to influence that associates terms and conditions of employment This section is included in Wal-Mart's code because...
It is a violation of law and Walmart policy for you to work without compensation or for a supervisor (hourly or salaried) to request that you work without compensation.
To comply with the laws and regulations of the United States Department of Labor Works Cited "Walmart Ethics." Walmart Ethics. N.p., Dec. 2008. Web. 22 Jan. 2013.
"Wal-Mart Settles Lawsuit for $40M." Columbia Daily Tribune. N.p., 3 Dec. 2009. Web. 22 Jan. 2013.