Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
STEM: Survival Challenge
Transcript of STEM: Survival Challenge
- We had to build a machine that:
* Pumps water from the ground
* Cuts wood for building
* Grinds grain for flour to eat Additional Requirements:
One machine that will perform all the tasks
Only one input; saves energy.
No bigger than 10 in. x 10 in. Brainstorming - Some of the ideas included stacking the gears sort of on top of one another to meet our 10 in. x 10 in. requirements. - Others included ideas to have gears running side by side. Research - We decided on our gears based off of what gears seemed to be used for these machines. Wood Cutter Water Pump Diagram Grain Grinder Develop Ideas Criteria / Constraints - One machine that will perform all three tasks.
- Must have only one input to save energy.
- Must be no larger than 10 in. X 10 in. Looking at research pictures gave us ideas of what gears to use. Choose The Best Idea - We chose the best idea by which one fit and met the constraints the best. Detailed Sketch Model/Prototype Test and Evaluate What improvements could you make? - More bearing flats
- Two Vex pulleys instead of the winch drums
- One less chain on the Chain Drive. Improved Design Communicate Results - Internet
- Talk to or email other engineers
- Go to an engineering convention Other ways to communicate the results of our project... We added more bearing flats, added two Vex pulleys instead of the winch drums, and tightened the chain drive by removing one of the extra chains.