Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Knowledge Gap Theory
Transcript of The Knowledge Gap Theory
- Communication skills
- Stored information
- Relevant social contact
- Selective exposure
- Media target markets Types of research Time-series research Cross-sectional research "At any given time, there should be a higher correlation between acquisition of knowledge and education for topics highly publicized in the media than for topics less highly publicized." Will man reach the Moon in the foreseeable future? When does the knowledge gap decrease • High significance issues: Katrina, Avian flu
• Level of social conflict surrounding the issue
• Level of homogeneity of the community Relevance One of the fundamental explanation of the apparent failure of mass publicity to inform public at large. Sesame Street
Televised presidential debates
Creation of the digital literacy corps
Example from overseas Examples of countering the effect: Based on education, income, and occupation. Test: two news stories of varying publicity. DGE P GA THE