Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
the earths seasons and axis
Transcript of the earths seasons and axis
the earth's tilt is about 23.5 degrees off of being perpendicular to the earth-sun plane
the equinoxes and solsitices are on the start of each season
the earth spins like a top that is wobbling ever so slightly
the earth's orbit is not a circle but is elliptical
during the solsictes the suns rays are directly on one of the tropics http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Krl3c4dH05A/TJ2_YBQtghI/AAAAAAAAA_8/8jpQXHY5hXg/s1600/earth-tilt.gif A diagram of the seasons http://morris-photographics.com/ http://oceanworld.tamu.edu/resources/ocng_textbook/chapter04/Images/Fig4-1s.jpg Why do we have an axial tilt? 1) Some people think a big Mars size meteor hit Earth making the axial tilt and the flying derbis made the moon.
2) Some people think many years of meteors hitting the Earth made the axial tilt. I agree with number 1 because the many years might have had meteors everywhere on the surface of Earth, tilting it in many directions. Bibliography
Bell, Trudy. Earth's Journey Through Space. NY, NY: Chelsea House, 2008. Print.
Branley, Franklyn. Sunshine Makes the Seasons. NY, NY: Thomas Y. Crowell Junior Books, 1985. Print.
"Geography Seasons." How the Earth's Axis affects Seasons. Web. 10 May 2011. <http://geography.nuvvo.com/lesson/1505-how-the-earths-axis-affects-seasons>. Contents
1. the sesons
2. why do we have the sesons
4. why do we have an axial tilt
5. tilt of the Earth affecting the seasons
6. fun facts