Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5 Key Concepts in Sociology
Transcript of 5 Key Concepts in Sociology
Patterns of social relationships, social positions, and numbers of people.
People's behavior is based on meaningful understandings of what they do and is a response to, is coordinated with, or is orientated toward the actions of other people.
Interdependence among parts of a social system.
The ability of one social actor to get others to do its will or to ensure that it will benefit from the actions of others.
Language, norms, values, beliefs, knowledge, symbols that make up a way of life. Understanding of how to act that people share with each other in a stable, self-reproducing group. Distinctive way of life of a nation or people.
Provides national defense
Needs educated Employees
Needs money for buildings, personnel, resources.
Provides some funding for schools.
Needs to protect people.