Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Introduction
The Great Depression started in 1929. it started when the US stock market crashed. This occurred all over the US. The Great Depression was nation wide.
Introduction/Where The Great Depression Took Place
More than half of the US did not have jobs. People lost their jobs and became hungry. People played sports or board games for fun. No one had heat or electricity in the 1920s.
Herbert Hoover helped by trying to cut taxes and he kept the budget balanced. Franklin D. Roosevelt opened a program to help people in The Great Depression. Eleanor Roosevelt found organizations and helped people/kids in need.
Important People During This Time
Q: What percent of the people during The Great Depression unemployed?
A: 25% of the people did not have jobs during this time.
Q: What month did The Great Depression start? It started in October. Exact Date: October 24,1929
My Q and A
Life in The Great Depression
1. The Great Depression was one of the longest downturns
2. Kids had to work in factories
3. Herbert Hoover was the president during The Great Depression
4. Families had to eat soups and casseroles.
1. The Colorado Story
2.History.com History.com staff published in 2009 by A+E Networks
3. Prezi by Brenna McDaniels
5. livinghistoryfarm.org Farming in the 1930s By Claudia Reinhardt and Bill Ganzel Published in 2003
6. uni.edu Story by