Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Multiplication
3 multiplied by 4
Repeated Addition is when you add the same number multiple times in order to find the answer to a multiplication problem, for example 5 x 3 = 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 15.
3 times 4
3 by 4
4 by 3
3 'timesed by' 4
Arrays are used in multiplication as it shows a great visual to represent how multiplication can be shown as repeated addition. In maths an array refers to a set of numbers or objects that follow a specific pattern.
Usually the first method introduced to children when they start learning multiplication
Visual representation of repeated addition
In addition and multiplication you can swap the factors around and still get the same product
Number Line with Cuisenaire Rods
Jumps on a Number Line
3 x 4
3 x 4 = 12
3 x 4
2 x 6
1 x 12