Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sheet #5
The names of the group
Q3: How can we benefit from the civic knowledge in our daily lifes?
Q1: Do you think the pillar of active citizenship is progressing significantly? How could it be improved?
"Goals, Achievements and Conventions: Pillars for Deepening Our Democratic Transition"
Q1: What are the achievements that we've done so far?
Q2: How can we deepen our democratic transitions?
Hala Al Azzeh
The Main Ideas
Of The Paper?
The Main Philosophies
Behind Writing This Paper ?
What's His Majesty's
In This Paper?
The Expectations & Hopes
In This Paper?
Q5: In your opinion what are the things needed for Jordan to reach a mature level of democracy?
The Practical Steps
Towards Achieving The Goals Of The Paper?
Q4: Do you think that we have a good parliament? And how we can improve it?
1.His majesty talks about how Jordan has still progressed in achieving its goal although it has been through many challenges especially with the instability in the middle- east.
1.To keep setting milestones to keep track of our values, practices, and roles. If these are sustained we will reach our end-goal successfully, which is a vibrant Jordanian democracy
1.Building a vibrant Jordanian democracy.
We will reach a vibrant Jordanian democracy through the deepening of these three pillars:
1. Parliamentary government
2. Constitutional monarchy
3. Active citizenship.
1. A gradual deepening of our parliamentary government and constitutional monarchy by active citizenship.
2. Involves reforming the legislation that represents the skeleton of any democratic system.
2. We as citizens can help improve our institutions and develop it.
Adopting constitution amendments, achieving a pakage of new laws, achieving a new state security court law and achieving qualitative progress made by the house of the representatives
2. For the house of the representatives to develop its rules of procedures in order to become more effective.
3. His majesty focused on building new democratic institutions and to try to enhance it and develop in order to strengthen the existing of it.
2. His majesty is looking forward to build a country that's based on transparency and integrity.
cooperate with the government to develop a strong democratic institutions.
3.To have a better representatives that can take care of our main institutions that our country is based on.
4. Our culture should be developed in order to become ready for a parliamentary governments
3. the government members can be elected by the people.
3.To have a successful transition into the parliamentary government.
4. to become a parliamentary government.
Q2: What are the values needed in order to become a parliamentary government?
5. His majesty focused on creating constitution of stability and justice and to ensure the prosperity of the future generatios not just for the current generation.
4. We as citizens can improve our country by voting and participating in state affairs.
4. His majesty is looking forward to see more jordanians embrace the spirit of active citizenship to create a country that based on democracy.
Vote for who can help all the jordanians and for who can balance between the personal interest and the public interest.
5. To have better members of parliament that can save our rights and develop our country.
6. The main idea outline the aim of improving the political laws including enhancing the parliamentary government and elections development of the public sector and civil service and the way it impacts the future of the ministries of parliamentary governments. Also, producing competent leaders and building judiciary’s capacities and the constitutional court.
5. Is mainly the use of all local methods to enhance and develop the government.
6. *parliamentary blocs are enhanced.
* enact the next generation parliamentary and elections law.
*development of the public sector and civil service.
* Implementation of long term strategies
And the action plans such as, searching for solutions facing the kingdom.
1) Enhancing parliamentary elections in less than two years
2) Develop the political sector and the civil service
3) Continue to invest in research and civil society organization
7. We still have more work to do to build a mature democracy and realize the end -goals of advanced parliamentary government
6. Security democracy and prosperity all work together and reinforce each other as a foundation for our future.
5. It's our collective duty now to embrace democratic values and practices and continue developing them in the years ahead
Our success depends on :
1- the success of actors in our political system in embracing their roles and responsibilities
2- enrooting democratic values and practices
3- enhancing existing conventions and creating essential new ones
4- do the necessary levels of political maturity needed to achieve every milestone successfully
7. That we will get the confidence and encouragement to pursue further reforms and achieve the next set of milestones in our journey
8. His majesty stressed on the challenges we as Jordanians face during a period of change by preserving the delicate balance between branches of government, so that they continue to work effectively and remain independent from each other at the same time.
7. Our constitution and laws facilitate this balance, but democracies around the world and throughout history have shown that it is simply impossible for any law or constitution to anticipate and prepare for every possible situation.
6. Part of the answer to striking this delicate balance between cooperation and separation is in our political actors and the ability to make the best decisions in situations that are not clearly covered by stated rules and regulations. This is known as Conventions: a set of habits and practices that govern political actors conduct.
Government, Parliament and the civil service must therefore develop further conventions that already exist and build new ones as new changes and challenges arise. Areas in which enhancing existing conventions and building new ones are needed to ensure effective collaboration and coordination between our political actors.
1- the consultative mechanism for designating prime ministers, as our practices of parliamentary democracy continue to evolve.
2- the mechanism for formulating the PM-designate and his cabinets four year policy plan as part of the basis to receive the house of representatives vote of confidence.
8. His majesty emphasized on the fact of conventions as they play an important role in every system of government around the world, especially in parliamentary systems, as he mentioned in some paper I forgot what it was to be honest, anyways although conventions represent habits and practices that are not written down and may not have the force of law they are vital for practical functioning of our political system, he expects to identify the key tasks and responsibilities awaiting the government.
9. Over the last five years, our civil society organizations have doubled in number reaching over 6 thousand active organizations.
8. The citizens of Jordan wants the country to become more developed.
7. His majesty wants the country to be flourished and developed.
The actors in our political system should work hard for their responsibilities