Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
harry potter and the sorcerer's stone - chapter 9 - the wizarding duel
Transcript of harry potter and the sorcerer's stone - chapter 9 - the wizarding duel
Chapter 9 - The Midnight Duel
Still more new faces...
- Madame Hooch
- Pavarti Patil
- Oliver Wood
- What new & exciting event was going to take place for Gryffindor & Slytherin?
- Why was Harry so worried?
- List the good & bad things that happened to Harry that day?
- Find words & phrases thst show how Harry's fear of flying changed.
- Irony of broomstick lessons.
- Rowling consistently uses the theme of chosing to do what is right even though it isn't always easy.
- How does this apply in this chapter? What were Harry's choices? Was the outcome positive or negative? Explain.
- Why did Malfoy challenge Harry to a duel?
- What part of history does this reflect?
- Why might we say that Harry & friends were "victims" of Malfoy's "narrative misdirection"?
- What did Harry & friends discover when escaping Filch?
- What mythical creature(s) does Rowling draw upon in her depiction of Fluffy?
- What else does Hermione notice?
Hermione puts a lot of pressure upon herself. She's also very linear - everything is clearly black or white to her.
- How do the other students view her? Find references to support it.