Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
harry potter and the sorcerer's stone - chapter 9 - the wizarding duel
Transcript of harry potter and the sorcerer's stone - chapter 9 - the wizarding duel
Chapter 9 - The Midnight Duel
Still more new faces...
- Madame Hooch
- Pavarti Patil
- Oliver Wood
- What new & exciting event was going to take place for Gryffindor & Slytherin?
- Why was Harry so worried?
- List the good & bad things that happened to Harry that day?
- Find words & phrases thst show how Harry's fear of flying changed.
- Irony of broomstick lessons.
- Rowling consistently uses the theme of chosing to do what is right even though it isn't always easy.
- How does this apply in this chapter? What were Harry's choices? Was the outcome positive or negative? Explain.
- Why did Malfoy challenge Harry to a duel?
- What part of history does this reflect?
- Why might we say that Harry & friends were "victims" of Malfoy's "narrative misdirection"?
- What did Harry & friends discover when escaping Filch?
- What mythical creature(s) does Rowling draw upon in her depiction of Fluffy?
- What else does Hermione notice?
Hermione puts a lot of pressure upon herself. She's also very linear - everything is clearly black or white to her.
- How do the other students view her? Find references to support it.