Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of IOUSA
We will raise the taxes of the wealthy Americans making over $200,000 annually.
Image by Tom Mooring
Reich, Robert. "Why We Must Raise Taxes on the Rich." The Huffington Post. 04 Apr. 2011. Web. 18 May 2014.
The lower 90% of Americans cannot afford to pay higher taxes.
It reduces the long-term budget deficit.
It maintains vital services.
It protects Social Security and Medicare.
It allows for further investment in education and infrastructure.
It does not raise taxes on the working middle class.
While average middle and lower class income has increased only slightly ($280 more yearly than 30 years ago,) their taxes have increased much more. In contrast, the rich have become more than twice as wealthy and their taxes have been lowered by almost 60% in the past 30 years.
Cutting Defense Spending
How Will We Reduce Spending?
Why Reduce Defense?
Paige Hough & Kathryn Andrus
Troops return home
More money for domestic problems
During an era of peace, it doesn't make sense to increase the defense budget
Reduced national security
Inability to address as many threats to national security
Reduced military size
Reduced ability to assist in conflicts abroad
1) Reduce the amount of soldiers, pilots, planes, tanks, warships, and ammunition by replacing them with drones, which are more accurate and efficient.
2) Combine military medical services
3) Reduce overseas bases (over 1,100), and focus on US protection primarily
4) Reduce unnecessary Nuclear Forces
5) Reduce overseas deployments
The US is spending more on military funding than ever before.
since 1998, defense spending has doubled
the 2012 defense budget exceeding $600 billion
21% of federal budget in 2011
The military is very large, the missions are extensive, and the demands for resources are overwhelming. Reducing our military budget will specify our security to that at home and put us in a better position financially.
"PHOTOS: 9 Ways To Reduce Defense Spending." The Full. Web. 19 May 2014.
"16 Ways to Cut Defense Spending." Defenseone.Web. 15 March 2013
"FPI Fact Sheet: The Dangers of Deep Defense Cuts: What America's Civilian and Military Leaders Are Saying." RSS. Foreign Policy. Web. 19 May 2014.