Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Arc Lengths and Area of Sector
Transcript of Arc Lengths and Area of Sector
Arc Length and Area of Sector
Things to Know
Few things that we need to know and understand:
What kind of relationships do these concepts have that will help us solve for the Arc Length and the area of a Sector?
The distance from the center of a circle to a point on the circle.
The number of square units it takes to exactly fill the interior of a circle.
Area=πr^2 (r is the radius)
Area= C^2/4π (C is the circumference)
The angle at the center of a circle by two given points on the circle.
The distance around the edge of a circle, also known as perimeter of the circle.
Circumference=2πr (r is the radius)
Area of a Sector
1. What is the arc length if the radius of the circle is 7cm and its central angle is 30 degrees?
2. What is the area of the sector if the radius of the circle is 4 cm and its central angle is 45 degrees?
so the arc lenth is 3.655cm.
so the area of the sector is 6.283cm.
Importance to Society and Daily Life
Circle is one of the fundamental figures in our universe. Everywhere we go, we can see circles. Learning about arc lengths and area of sectors is very important to our daily lives because arc lengths and sectors tells us how to build freeways, build roller costers, which areas we should grow our crops on, etc. Below is a short clip of how sectors can be used from crops.
With a partner, come up with two other examples where arc lengths or sectors are used in our daily lives. Do you think that arc length and sectors are important now?
What do you think is the relationship between the circumference and the radius is?