Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Creating a Thorough, Integrated, Defensable Psychological As
Transcript of Creating a Thorough, Integrated, Defensable Psychological As
More than just giving tests
Contribute to a realistic prognosis
make relevant decisions about Client care
Develop helpful treatment plans
Identify the problem
Prognosis & Treatment Response
Client Strengths and Resources
The problem is like a die, it has many sides (the referring counselor's, the Client's, the side hidden in details not yet captured or observed), all truth, all data.
1. Identify the problem
2. Select appropriate measurement instruments
3. Integrate sources of information
4. Form and report conclusions, opinions and observations
Four Steps to Make This Happen
Select the Measurement Instruments
2013 Clow Adaptation (Harwood, Beutler, and Groth-Marnat 2011)
More like painting a picture...
-state v trait in operational terms
structured vs. ambiguous environments
Recreate the environment and context of the Client's problem
1. relevant similarities b/t real-world and analogue
2. manipulate the environment to evoke behaviors relevant to the question and generalizable to the Client's world
Highly Structured = MMPI-2 = ambiguity
The examinee is under no pressure to create and impose structure on the task . These measures are:
Ambiguous tasks = projectives require the examinee to create and impose structure = stress/anxiety/possible decompensation. These measures are:
Ask about the Client's impressions of the use of the assessment, i.e. What do they hope to learn?
What is their understanding of the therapist's reasons for wanting the assessment?
Offer them your understanding of the use.