Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The United States in between 1776 and 1870
Transcript of The United States in between 1776 and 1870
of independence is adopted. The United States in between
1776 & 1870 In August of 1786 Shay's Rebellion
erupts. In 1787 delegates meet in Philadelphia to draft the Constitution In 1789 George Washington is Elected as President. December 15th 1791, the Bill of Rights is ratified In 1820 the Missouri compromise is created. In 1831, William Lloyd Garrison begins publishing the Liberator. in 1852 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' is published. in 1854 the Kansas-Nebraska act is passed. In 1859 Harper's Ferry is attacked. November 6, 1860 Abraham Lincoln
is elected president.
In 1861, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana secede from the U.S. to create the Confederate States of America The Civil war takes place from 1861 to 1865. On April 14, 1865 Lincoln is assassinated. In 1870, the 15th amendment is ratified giving African-Americans the right to vote.