Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Intro to Design
Transcript of Intro to Design
Everything around you is the product of design by somebody. Clothing, furniture, computers, cell phones, hair styles, books, food wrappers. Everything.
All design boils down to ...
“Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union.”
Frank Lloyd Wright, American architect
Form: What an object looks like
Function: What an object does
Design drives culture
You can match any kind of design to the historical period that produced it.
The design of an item can tell you when it was created or, if it's new, what era inspired it.
While the forms of graphic design change with visual culture and technology, the specific function of graphic design remains constant: to communicate messages visually.
Everything was great until computers made everybody a graphic designer.
Friends don't let friends
Bad design equals
Good graphic design
Controls the eye's movement across the page or screen.
Building blocks of design