Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The powerloom
Edmund was inspired to create the power loom after visiting the cotton-spinning mills. Although many people looked down at the idea and said that the idea was too complicated, the first powerloom was patented in 1785. It wasnt very good but improvements were made along the way. The process Edmund Cartwright established a factory but since he was ingnorant about industry it never became anything more than a testing site. Producing A company in Manchester set up a factory but only about 400 powerlooms were made because the factory was burnt down.
It was probably arson because many handloom workers were scared of what would happen to their jobs. Edmund became deeply in dept so he moved back to London. Fortunately for him he was awarded 10,000 pounds from the house of common in recognition for national benefits for his power loom. Producing Outcome was the powerloom a success or fail?