Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is culture?
Transcript of What is culture?
When our expectations about what is right, good or correct are not met during an interaction .
Culture is the sum of our expectations around how the world works and makes sense in our lives.
Shared by many members of a group
Learned from imitation, rules, corrected mistakes
"It's better to let sleeping dogs lie"
Messages you may have heard....
Passed on from generation to generation
Constantly, but slowly, changing
Culture is like the air we breathe..
When do we experience cultural difference?
This leads to misunderstanding and frustration
Why does culture matter?
Which is correct?
Knowledge, beliefs, values, behaviors
"Honesty is the best policy"
"Say what you mean and mean what you say"
"It's respectful to look people in the eyes when they're speaking to you"
"It's disrespectful to look people in the eyes when they're speaking to you"