Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of henna project
2. Henna is usually applied by female relatives and some henna artists at henna night.
3.The night is filled with music games and performances and has a festive feel to it.
4.It is also time for the bride to clear any doubts of marriage and receive advice on it. 1. The art of Henna has been practiced for over 5000 years in India, Pakistan, the Middle East, and the Mediterranean .
2.There are records of statuettes with henna like markings dating from 1500 B.C.
3. Henna was introduced by Muslims and was spread by the Moguls through Pakistan and India as a form of cooling off. Indian Henna Tattoo 1. According to popular belief, the darker the color, the more the husband will love her.
2. Within the motif the husband's name is hidden, the husband is supposed to find it and when he does is is evidence of his sharp eyes and active brain which they need to impress their wife and if he doesn't it means that she is the dominant one in the relationship.
3. A perk is that until the henna fades away they are not allowed to work with in the home. 1. They encourage free form henna so that it is a personal as possible
2. But though there are some classic symbols
i. Bud: New life and love.
ii. Camel lips and Flowers: fertility
iii. Ganesh: good health and protection from evil.
iv. peacock: love, fertility, and good luck 1. Henna "ink" is a paste made from the henna plant found mostly in warm dry areas of the world.
2. It contains a reddish-orange dye that binds with the keratin in our skin to safely stain it.
3. In India it is applied with match sticks or tooth picks to get the intricate designs and lasts for a couple a days to couple of weeks. 4. As the stain faded away, it left patterns on the skin surface which led to ideas to make designs for decorative purposes.
5. It replaced the Laska plant because
it was easier to find and grow. 1. Henna is used for self expressions,special occasions, beauty and for medical uses.
2. It was introduced as a way to cool down the body, but it was also used for stomachaches, headaches, burns, sunburns, and as a air dye.
3. In India Henna is mostly worn by women and especially brides, but there are some men that also get hennas done. 5. The henna motif isn't only for
adoration of the bride but it also
epitomizes her transformation from
a virgin girl to a temptress for her
husband. by The Altoids