Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Six Sigma Project
Transcript of Six Sigma Project
A deviation between what should be happening and what actually is happening
Bug Free Website (Focus of the Project)
Higher Quality Design and Better Creative and Artistic Execution
Conformance problem: unsatisfactory performance
SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time Bounded
"From September 2013 to February 2014 the number of bugs encountered was high at about 12 per website. Some were after the website was delivered. That created 5 complaints from different clients of which 2 were at the VP level. In turn, company's image was affected"
Good Design, Company's Image
Functional, Practical, Ease of Use
Cost of quality
Cost of conformance:
Waste of time to fix bugs and code errors
It is happening at the late stages of the project execution. Hence, the cost (which is the time spent) is higher
Managers spend valuable time in testing
Cost of Poor Quality:
5 bugs reached the client
Company's image and reputation in line
Reduce the number of bugs from an average of 12 per website with 2 reaching the client to 1 bug and zero reaching the client
2 Bugs per project
0.014 bug per hour of development
Force Field Analysis
Process Control Plan
Training of managers and employees (sending managers to seminars, managers then coach employees)
Committing to less projects in order to focus on process improvement. Hence, more time will be available
Regular meetings between management and employees to allow for brainstorming
Encouraging employees to give feedback so that they are involved in the improvement process
U Control Charts to monitor improvements
Collection of Data
Discrete data: number of bugs, hours worked
Manual manipulation using Excel
Sample was 33% of population spread over 6 months
Different Types and Complexity
175,094 DPMO = 2.4 Sigma
0.17 Bugs / Hours
New Target = 3.7 Sigma
1 per project or 0.014 Bugs / Hours
DOE - Factors: Developers - Level: Involvement
DOE Surface Plot
Analysis of Categorical Data
Why is our client unhappy?
A lot of programming bugs
Project took more time then expected
Designing potential errors out:
Documentation of errors
Identifying potential defects and stopping a process:
Finding defects that enter or leave a process
Sort: Everything is well documented. clear. precise.
Set in order: Put needed items in their correct place. Better Organized cloud to minimize waste of time and also to find the proper information
Shine: No unnecessary files.
Standardized cleanup: Optimize the system. Put archive folders. Use TAGging
Sustain: Use procedure and proper documentation and follow ups monthly to keep everything in order.
Why were we unable to meet the agreed-upon timeline and target minimum number of bugs per website?
1) It took more time
2) The programmer did a lot of bugs
Why did it take so much longer? why there were a lot of bugs
1) Complexity of the project
3) programmer not writing code properly : one of the programmer is weaker than the other
Why the programmer did not code properly?
1) Don’t have a standardize way to program and train programmers so they are at the same level
2) No detailed and categorized documentation of bugs so they can properly learn from their mistakes
Why didn't we do this?
1) Because we were running behind on other projects.
2) We were understaffed
3) No delegation of authority to the operation manager to implement his idea
4) Micro management thus waste of time
5) Bugs: we didn’t have the proper system to categorize all types of bugs
6) Team is in different countries.
A Connection to ATS
B Desktop Page Layout Creation HTML/CSS
E Browser Compatibility