Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Exploration Robots
By: Mackenzie Quigley and
What Task Does This
Exploration robot's end effector is multi-functional because it grabs things from the bottom of the ocean, and collects rocks and other objects from surfaces of planets for scientists to examine.
How is the robot taught to perform its task?
Exploration robots learn how to perform their tasks from demonstrations from humans. We teach the robots simple tasks, such as picking things up and dropping them, then the scientists test the robots to see if they are functioned correctly.
They explore space, such as the Mars Rover
They explore things underwater, such as a sunken ship
Where is the robot used?
Is the robotic end effector multi-functional?
What is its Work Envelope?
Our robot has three flexible joints. The joints are shoulder, elbow, and wrist. It allows the robot to bend the arm, and other things to grab things.
1. They can only do what is programmed in them to do.
2. A robot can have technical difficulties, and not be able to work 24/7.
3. They can create a lot of job losses.
1. People don't have to risk their life to get samples from dangerous places.
2. They can perform tasks repetitively.
3. They can do things that is very rare for a human to do.
4. The robot does not need food or rest so they can get the job done as soon as possible.
Jobs the Robot will take away in the future
Will This Robot Perform More or Different Tasks in the Future?
The exploration robot probably wont upgrade because it has already made all of the different types of exploration robots.