Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Marco Polo
1254-1324 c. Mother died when young, had brothers, Dad was a merchant, and had an uncle named Maffeo. During 1250's his family moved to Constantinople(now Istanbul, Turkey.) In 1260 the Polo Brothers decided to make a trading expedition to China. They finally got to China, they were interested in learning about the Europeans and Christianity. They sailed under Italy under the Italian Flag. They met Mongol ruler Kublai, Khan. He welcomed them & invited them back. Sometime during the next three years, Marco Polo
was taken captive in a sea battle between Venice and Genoa. In a Genoa. In a Genoese jail he related his experiences in Asia to fellow prisoners. When a prisoner named Rustichello, a writer of romances, expressed an interest in taking down what Marco had to say Marco agreed and sent to Venice for his notes. In this way the travels of Marco Polo were recorded for posterity. QUESTIOS
1.Where was Marco Polo born?
2.What Mongol ruler did they meet?
3.What was Marco Polos uncle name? SOURCES