Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BP Visual Argument Presentation
Transcript of BP Visual Argument Presentation
- Appeared on TV and on full page ads in daily newspapers including The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today and The Washington Post.
- Tony Hayward, who was the CEO of BP from 2007 to 2010 speaks through out the commercial. He left the company due to poor management of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Made to apologize for the company's inability to effectively manage and stop the oil spill
- Directed to the people living around the Gulf of Mexico The Company The Commercial Rhetorical Devices 1. Background of Company
2. What Prompted the Visual
3. Background of Commercial
6. Design of Commercial
7. Show Commercial
8. Conclusion Main Points Emotional Appeal - Tony Hayworth says that we are all in this together and that “no one wants this to be over more than I do. I want my life back”
- Thanks the Volunteers
- Apologizes to the people living in the gulf but also lets them know that BP workers were also effected because the Gulf is their home as well to gain sympathy Images - None of the pictures have oil in them
- Shows the Gulf as a beautiful place
- Shows the commitment the BP workers have to restore the gulf Effect of Words The CEO mentions all the effort his company is putting into fixing their mistake
- Promises to pay out litigation
- Apologizes to the people effected by the oil spill
- Thanks the Volunteers Design of Commercial - Scenes of ocean, sand, beaches, sea birds
- All clean
- No pictures of the disaster
- Monologue from the CEO
- No music What Prompted the Visual? - The BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico
- April 20, 2010
- The explosion on the rig claimed 11 lives
- The gushing wellhead was not capped until after 87 days on July 10, 2010
- 4.9 million barrels spilled into the Gulf Visual Argument Presentation Conclusion This videos purpose was to inform the general public that BP takes full responsibility for the oil spill and that they sincerely apologize for the mistake they made. It used emotional appeal, images that showed the effort BP is making in restoring things to how they were, and the power of words to effectively convey their message. Questions ? Works Cited “BP Oil Spill Timeline.” The Guardian. 22 July. 2010. Web. 30 Mar. 2013.
BP Tony Hayward 'Sorry' Ad Original Version Exclusive. BP. Youtube. Web. 20 Mar. 2013.
"Tony Hayward." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The FreEncyclopedia, 28 Mar. 2013. Web. 1 Apr. 2013.