Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
African and Antarctican Ecosystem
Transcript of African and Antarctican Ecosystem
Nile River System:
The longest river in the world, rising from the highlands of southeastern Africa and running about 4,160 miles in length, to then drain in the Mediterranean Numerous rivers comprise the overall system, including the Albert Nile, Blue Nile, Victoria Nile and White Nile.
These mountains runs from Morocco along the Mediterranean coast to Tunisia. smaller ranges are, the High Atlas, Middle Atlas and Maritime Atlas. The highest peak is Mt. Toubkal in western Morocco at 13,671 ft.
Africa's and Antarctica's Ecosystem
1. The largest desert in Africa is the Sahara Desert which spans almost 3.5 million square miles.
Physical Map Of Africa and Antarctica
2. Polar bears, penguins, and seals live in Antarctica for the cold climate.
*Mediterranean: dry, and hot summers with wet, and cold winters. The plants have adapted to the lack of water in the summer.
*Tropical Grassland: Between tropical rainforests and hot dessert, the African Savanna has tall grasses and low trees and shrubs.
*Desert: One of the hottest and driest places on earth, extremely hot during the day and freezing during the night.
* Mountain Region: The higher the peaks the colder it gets, they usually have snow on the top.
*Prairie: Cold winters, dry and hot summers. They grow wheat and raise cattle in this area.
*Tropical Evergreen Forest: Humid, hot, and wet that grow green forests around the equator all the year round. The forest may contain 50,000 different types of trees and millions of plants and animals.
Ecosystems in Africa
3. If Antarctica's ice sheets melted, the worlds ocean oceans would rise by 200-210ft EVERYWHERE.
4. The cold and dry condition in the Dry Valleys region of Antarctica are so close to those on Mars that NASA did testing there for the Viking mission,
5. The Sahara Desert is the hottest desert. At over 9,400,00 square kilometers, It covers most of North Africa, making it almost as large as China or the United States
tropical grassland (savanna)
African Ecosystem Map
The oceans surrounding Africa are Atlantic to the west and indian to the east