Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Surreal Handscapes
How do you create a surrealist landscape?
Consider unusual proportions
Create bizarre settings
Realistic landscape with dream like imagery
Combine random objects and juxtapose them next to one another
Your handscape must include observational drawings of at least 2 hands
Hands are drawn in a realistic style, juxtaposed by a surreal environment
The surrealists formed in Paris in 1924 in response to the tragedies and turmoil of WWI
The artists were looking for an escape as well as a reform from the existing art world
They were interested in dreams, trances, hallucinations and altered states
The group experimented with hypnosis and automatic writing and sketching, made unconsciously
Mix of realism and distorted dreamlike imagery (many surreal paintings are set in a realistic landscape)
In your sketchbook...
Describe the most bizarre dream you have ever had