Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of #ThirdWorldProblems
4th World Third World Countries? Why do Third World Countries
Remain Poor? Economic Hit Man: highly-paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and other foreign "aid" organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families who control the planet's natural resources.
Resource Curse Women of the Third World Who are the
of Third World? Third World Problems Is America becoming a third world country? -Rising unemployment
-Declining civil rights
-Increased political corruption
-Disappearing middle class Bride Burning... Dowry:
Property or money brought by a bride to her husband on their marriage. 1961 Anti-Dowry Act.
Bans paying or receiving dowries Female Feticide Female Genital Mutilation... Complications? Women & Education Education accessible to all ? First World "Problems" -disease
-environmentally related worrying trends
-education Are they really third world country problems or world problems in general? America is the greatest of them all... • Life expectancy: According to the CIA, we are number 50 in the world in terms of life expectancy! Germany is number 27, and China is 95. But Hong Kong is number 8. And we are behind Bosnia.
• Infant mortality: We are number 47--behind CUBA!!!!
• Education: We spend as much on education, as a percentage of our GDP, as ETHIOPIA!
More Shooting Deaths in Chicago than in Afghanistan So Far This Year When?