Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Selenide – Shorten your code!
Transcript of Selenide – Shorten your code!
• Not complete yet - but will be!
• Less people use it as compared to selenium
-This might change soon
• No major cons as it is a wrapper, anytime you feel
this can't be done in Selenide, the base Selenium
is immediately at hand
• Has near English grammar
• Easy for even non-technical
people to understand
• Easily maintainable as even
a single glance can tell what
is going on
• $ replaces
• $$ replace
• Infinitely chain able - no need to
• No need to interact regularly with
Webdriver at all - Selenide handles
it for you
• Extra methods to work on Collections
of Elements - findBy, filterBy,
• Handle WebElement Collections with
ease as these filters are chain able,
easily selecting the row you want
• Selenium provides support for only basic
Selectors - Type, Name, etc.
• Selenide provides extra Selectors with conditions
such as withText, byText, byValue, ByTitle inbuilt
• Select elements within a certain parent
- eliminate the rest of the DOM!
• Select parent of an Element with inbuilt functions
• Endless wait configuration in Selenium is replaced
by automatic waiting for the next chosen element
• This wait is default 4 seconds but as with all
Selenide methods, this can be configured with
• Tests are meant to catch failures - a failed
test means you get information on a bug!
• Default Selenium offers only error logging
• Selenide provides inbuilt screenshot
• This is configurable and can be used with
• Much more to come!
• Been in development since July 2013
- a new project
• Prompt response to queries and
immediate implementation of new functions
• Selenide is a library, not a framework, unlike other Selenium
→ Tellurium: Framework
→ SauceLabs: Cloud based testing
• As a result, underlying Selenium core can always be
accessed and used anytime something seems impossible
• We always have access to default Selenium methods,
thereby new Selenide code can be injected into existing
• Faster - Selenide is just faster to write, well written
Selenium code can be as fast as Selenide
appears to be.
• Incompatible with Selenium best practices,
PageObjects, etc. - Selenide is just a wrapper,
it can do everything Selenium does. Conversely, it
can't do anything not possible with Selenium (But
not necessarily provided by Selenium
• http://selenide.org -
• http://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/if-you-use-selenium-for-browser-based-ui-acceptance-testing-you-might-like-selenide/ -
great introduction of selenide
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
- Leonardo Da Vinci