Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
countable and uncountable nouns
Transcript of countable and uncountable nouns
1. There is not much water.
2. I did not eat much butter
3. I want to eat a little bread.
4. She had little orange juice
5. How much pasta did you eat?
6. There was a lot of cheese in that pizza.
7. I've got a little money left; let's go and have a drink.
1. There are not many potatotes .
2. Give me a few olives .
3. How many tomatoes do you need?
4. There were a lot of people at the restaurant
They are things you CAN count.
They can be used in plural and singular
Quantifiers Countable and Uncountable nouns Complete the sentences using the following quantifiers: many- much- a little- a few- a lot of Exercises IMPORTANT NOTE: Much and many are not often used in affirmative statements; but they are very commonly used in interrogative and negative contexts.
They are used to indicate quantities. WHAT IS A QUANTIFIER ? Identify the countable and uncountable nouns What ingredients would you use if a chef asks you to make a different kind of lasagna using some of the following food ? Recipe You must :
-Put a new name to it
-Use at least 4 ingredients
-Use quantifiers for each ingredient From the book, page 83, activity 9 Holland is a country with only ____________ mountains .
I don't like _____________ salt in my soup.
It is very sad but in Africa children have _______________ food to eat!
How much sugar do you want in your tea? -Only ___________ , please! Uncountable nouns Look at the examples carefully: Countable nouns and quantifiers Look at the quantifiers and nouns They are things which CANNOT be counted as units. Uncountable nouns Countable nouns Examples: 1. Chocolate
5. Liquids ( water, coffee)
6. Cream Examples: 1. Dog
7. Egg My dog is playing
My dogs are hungry