Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Present Simple Tense
Transcript of The Present Simple Tense
Rules for 3rd per. sing.
Subject+ Aux.[DON'T/ DOESN'T] + Verb + complement.
Irregular Verbs as:
When should we use ''the present simple tense''?
1.- Generally true:
- The sun
in the east.
2. For a situation - more and less permanent.
- Where do you
in a bank.
3. For habits or routines. ''Adverbs of frecuency''
basketball every tuesday.
up at 7' o clock every day.
4. In the 1st & Zero conditional.
go to the doctor
- If Sophie
too much, she
ALBA MANRIQUE P.
SUBJECT + VERB + COMPLEMENT
Subject+Main Verb +...
-You work every day.
just on Wednesday.
* Verbs ...consonant
- Peter stud
* Verbs ...''SH'', ''CH'', ''X'', ''S'' ADD ...''ES''
of the verb
live in NY.
watch tv twice a week.
DON'T (DO NOT)
DOESN'T (DOES NOT)
Aux. + Subject+ verb + c? -Short answers.
Does Tom drink tea? No, he doesn't.
Do you get up at 9 o'clock? ....
Does your mother cook? Yes, she does.
I ........ at 7.00 every morning. (get up- gets up)
My sister ...... chocolates very much (love – loves)
My father and I ............. TV. on weekends (watch – watches)
The cats .......... fish. (eat – eats)
My friend .......... English on Saturday (study – studies)
1. Classes ......... begin at 8.30. (don’t – doesn’t)
2. The sun ........... rise on the west. (don’t – doesn’t)
3. My brother and his friends ............. do their homework (don’t – doesn’t)
4. That car ......... run very fast. (don’t – doesn’t)
On Mondays, Terry ...up at 7.30 and has a shower. He ... dressed and has breakfast. He ... a piece of toast and ... a cup of black coffee. He... home at 8.30 and ... to work by bus. He ... work at 9.00. He has lunch in a little restaurant near the office. He ... work at 17 o'clock in the afternoon. After work, he... football with his friends. In the evenings, he... TV, ... the newspaper and ... to classical music. He ...to bed at midnight.
getx2- listen-drink- eat-finish-start-play-gox2-leave-read-watch.