Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Value Analysis and Value Engineering
Transcript of Value Analysis and Value Engineering
To Reduced Cost Substantially
Without Scarifying Customer Related Parameters Value Analysis Example: Functional Value
Cost Value VARIOUS VALUES CONSIDERED 1. Decreasing Cost, Same Level Of Performance
2. Enhancing performance at the same cost
Cost Value Money's Worth Cost Reliability Different
perspectives VALUE ANALYSIS
VALUE ENGINEERING Glass bottle PLASTIC Bag Cost & performance relationship to Value 3. Decreasing cost and increasing performance
4. Both Performance And Cost Increasing. But Performance Increase Faster Than The Cost.
Cost Cost & performance relationship to Value Lack of funds REASON FOR UNNECESSARY COSTS Lack of
policies Honest &
wrong beliefs STEPS IN VALUE ANALYSIS BLAST CREATE REFINE Selection of product
Collect relevant information
Define functions Create different alternatives
Critically examine alternative Develop the best alternative
Implementation of alternative APPLICATION OF VALUE ANALYSIS Capital
repairs Finished items Misc.
parts Raw & Semi
finished goods Packing
Analysis 2002 March (cc) image by jantik on Flickr Growth Stage Development Stage Maturity stage When to apply value analysis VALUE ENGINEERING VE Is An Analytical, Step-wise,
Organized, Creative Team-approach
To Examine All The Facets
Of Cost & Functions
Of A Product/Equipment/ System
To Identify And Eliminate
Unnecessary Costs Cylinder parts Example: Single cylinder Refill inside Cap Closing lid Benefits of Value engineering 1. Help To Satisfy The Customer
2. Cost Prevention
3. Motivates Employees To Come Out With Creative Ideas
4. Balance The Cost And Performance APPLICATION PHASES ORIENTATION INFORMATION FUNCTION CREATIVE EVALUATION RECOMMENDATION IMPLEMENTATION AUDIT/FOLLOW-UP DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VALUE ANALYSIS AND VALUE ENGINEERING VALUE ANALYSIS VALUE ENGINEERING (cc) image by anemoneprojectors on Flickr * Application –manufacturing stage. * At its design stage. * All factors come together
workers, subcontractors, engineers. * It is always done by a specific
product design (engineers) team. * It may change the present stage
of the product or operations. * The changes are executed at
the initial stages only. * It requires knowledge & experience. * It requires specific
technical knowledge. Case study Tata’s success through value engineering SUPREME EXAMPLE OF VALUE ENGINEERING:
TATA NANO BY MAKING THINGS SMALLER AND LIGHTER
COMPETITIVE BUYING :
NEGOTIATION WITH SUPPLIERS : Speed of getting an effective design into the market
Reliability and durability of the product
Low overall cost
Enhanced quality and compliance
Differentiation by creating product designs as platforms
to make a profit and survive Conclusion For Your Attention .... VALUE ANALYSIS & VALUE ENGINEERING 1. Ruth Serreao
2. Pranali Sawant
3. Dipti Nadkarni
4. Minal Vaze
5. Aditi Sonvadekar
6. Pranali Pewekar 29
18 Name Roll No.