Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Immigration Story
- more job opportunities
- much more resources
- had more freedom
- a better quality of life
- had more responsibilities
- better laws/government
- everyone is treated equally She came to Canada because of ... What were the push factors that affected your family's move? - no freedom
- no jobs
- was not very sanitary
- not the best quality of life
- didn't earn money by self (ex. father earned money, and shared with 6 children. money was spent with a limit)
- not a lot of basic necessities
- not everyone was treated equally
- not a well structured government/laws where and when it all started... She left India because of... Positive Impacts... Negative Impacts... - didn't know how to drive
- was hard to adjust to the weather (adaptable)
- was not familiar with English (knew a minimal amount of English)
- was hard to communicate
- was hard starting a new life in a new country - had the freedom to own a house, things, appliances
- could earn own money, and spend it
- a better life, in a better place
- learned more English I am a 1st generation Sites http://www.craigmarlatt.com/canada/government/provincial.html http://bedouina.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bf73153ef0105359fa532970c-popup http://svteach.wikispaces.com/MUST+READS http://anothercommonman.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/brainless-bomb-equality-constitution-of-india/ http://newshopper.sulekha.com/india-daily-life_photo_528114.htm http://www.indiais.org/explore.php?tags%5B%5D=life http://tsbmen.com/22314/tsb-is-now-hiring-production-intern/ http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education/empire/worldmaps/india.htm http://www.topnews.in/law/year-india-canada-kick-march-248098 http://www.celframe.com/blogs/2011/01/indian-republic-day-2011/india-flag-jpg/ equality earn money a structured/democratic government more jobs no jobs/poverty a hard life not sanitary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Canada http://3dte.com/GALLERY/album/slides/Small%20house%2002.html http://www.sodahead.com/living/hybrid-cars-do-cars-really-need-to-look-like-ufos-to-save-gas/question-156967/?link=ibaf&q=normal+cars http://college.monster.com/news/articles/1305-5-ways-to-make-money-now http://ohbythewayblog.blogspot.ca/2010/12/walking-in-snow.html hard to adjust to the weather conditions My Immigration Story by: Jasmin Samra 9-2 http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2010/12/wealth-and-poverty-in-india/ http://helpforallpeople.blogspot.ca/2011/06/about-poors-people-in-india.html