Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Placental Blood Collection
Transcript of Placental Blood Collection
>Hemodynamic Instability Increased risk for
Hemorrhage Increased Incidence of
Handicaps >Increased need for early blood transfusion
>Early use of Vasopressors NICU NURSES Reduces the potential need for early
in neonates less than
32 weeks gestation * There are no EXTRA costs
*Reduce hospital costs by using less donor blood More blood can be obtained for blood samples yielding more accurate results Vasopressors are less commonly
used in the first days of life
due to improved
Hemodynamic stability References:
Journal of Perinatology. 2012. Using umbilical Cord blood for the initial blood test of VLBW neonates results in higher hemoglobin and fewer RBC transfusions. doi: 10.1038/jp.2012.27
Special Thanks to Dr. Robert Christensen for his help and sharing of his publications regarding placental blood draw