Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Harper Lee's Bio
Transcript of Harper Lee's Bio
Nelle Harper Lee... Born in Monroeville, Alabama on April 26, 1926. Parents were Amasa Coleman Lee
(a lawyer/newspaper editor)
and Frances Finch Lee. She was the youngest of four and a tomboy.
She enjoyed reading and writing from an early age. Harper Lee attended grade
and high school with
another famous American
author, Truman Capote.
It is said that her character
Dill is modeled after Capote. Great American author! She attended college in Montgomery, AL,
and then studied law at the University of
Alabama before leaving school to pursue writing. TKAM began as a series of short stories about Lee's life in the south. She was urged by a publisher to string them together, and after two years of work TKAM was complete. It was published in 1960. It won the Pulitzer Prize
for fiction in 1961 and has
since been translated into
more than 30 languages. Harper Lee is still alive today,
but leads a very private life.
In July 2006 she wrote a letter,
which was published in O,
Oprah Winfrey's magazine.