Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Shel Silverstein
Silverstein's 3rd book, but first book composed purely of poetry
Only book that is illustrated in color
Collection of 45 poems The slithergadee has crawled out of the sea.
He may catch all the others, but he won't catch me.
No you won't catch me, old Slithergadee,
You may catch all the others, but you wo----- 1981
"To put something silly in the world, and not to be discouraged by the Whatifs."
First children's book to break into the New York Time's Bestseller List Sheldon Allan "Shel" Silverstein September 1930 - May 1999
Grew up in Chicago
An American poet, singer-songwriter, musician, composer, cartoonist, screenwriter and author of children's books
As a playwrite wrote "The Lady or the Tiger Show" and "Oh, Hell!" Wrote songs for Johnny Cash
and Dr. Hook First started out creating cartoons for Stars and Stripes when he was a GI in Japan and Korea.