Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Core 1 Health Priorities in Australia
Transcript of Core 1 Health Priorities in Australia
Define ‘Health Promotion’
Identify ‘Australia’s Priority Health Issues’
Epidemiology- Used to identify Priority Health Issues, and evaluating the effectiveness of HP by investigating Health Status trends
Health Service use and Costs – Health Promotion assists Early Detection and Intervention and therefore reduces costs of treatment e.g. High BP
Social Justice Principles – Health promotion caters for Equity (Used to target Groups experiencing Health Inequities), Create Supportive Environments and Diversity
Health Promotion assists in coping with a growing and ageing population
Health Promotion based on the five action areas of the Ottawa Charter- responsibility of individuals, communities and governments working in partnership (intersectoral health promotion)
What are they?
cancer –skin, breast and lung
respiratory disease- asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis
mental health problems and illnesses
Examples of Health Promotion initiatives
'Making Healthy Normal' (CVD, Cancer Diabetes and Mental Health Conditions)
Don’t Turn a Night Out into a Nightmare (Injury, Mental Health Conditions)
Glossary of Key Words
acronym to scaffold a response
- Syllabus terminology in question is underlined
- Circle the key glossary word
- Include specific examples in your response
- Link your information to the question e.g. how does this influence Health status (Core 1), what is the effect on performance (Core 2 and IP) or well being (Sports Medicine)
- More links the higher the mark value of the question
'Empowering individuals to take control of and improve their health'
'Explain'- cause/effect, how and why
Use the key word to present your content i.e. how does health promotion impact on the major causes of sickness and death (Priority Health Issues)