Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Six Models of the Catholic Church
Transcript of The Six Models of the Catholic Church
Sacraments are physical signs that show spiritual grace.
A herald is a messenger, and we are the messengers of God's word. We are because as Catholics we are to proclaim the word of God and be his examples for others.
The way in which we are united in the Eucharist by our belief in Jesus.
1. There are three degrees of ordained ministries: bishops, priests, and deacons.
2. The highest authority of the Church is the Pope.
3. Bishops are the successors of the apostles
Institution is the way in which the leaders of the Church are organized.
"Who rules by his might forever, whose eyes keep watch on the nations- let no rebels rise to the challenge" Psalm 66:7
1. We are bound together by our desire to do God's will.
2. Nourished by the Body of Christ we become a mystical communion.
3. We are a mystical communion when he celebrate the Eucharist at Mass.
Jesus said to them," I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst." John 6:35
1. The Sacraments of Initiation are the ones that introduce you into the Church. They are Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist.
2. The Sacraments of Healing are the ones that heal us from our sins. They are: Reconciliation and anointing of the Sick.
3. The Sacraments of Service are the ones help us serve our community. They are: Matrimony and Holy Orders.
"You were buried with him in Baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12
1. As Catholics, we should announce the Good News of the Lord.
2. We are sent by Christ to complete our mission and go throughout the world, everyday to proclaim the Lord.
3. We should also listen to the Good News by giong to daily masses.
"Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that
Jesus is the Messiah." Acts 5:42
Servant are people who do things for others. We are to serve others for God and out of the good of our hearts.
1. All Christians are God's servant, we we are to serve others in God's place.
2. As Christians we are to serve God, his Church, and his people.
3. When we do this, it shows God's presence in the world today.
"There are different kinds of service in the Church but it is the same Lord we are serving. There are different ways God works in our lives, nut it is the same God who does the work through us. A spiritual gift is given to each of us as means of helping the entire Church." 1 Corinthians 12:5-7
Community of Disciples
We are disciples because we follow Jesus and the Church. A disciple is a person who follows someone and their cause.
1.Disciples are people who follow and serve a cause.
2.We are God's disciples because we follow his teachings.
3.We follow him by going to Mass and helping others in our own lives.
"Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:27