Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Endangered Species
• Learn and share knowledge about endangered species and how the environment affects living things through research and presentations.
• Conduct short research projects about endangered species that build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
• Gather relevant information from print and digital sources; take notes and categorize information, and provide a list of sources.
• Continue an inquiry-based research process by applying critical thinking skills to information and knowledge in order to construct new understandings, draw conclusions, and create new knowledge.
• Use the Prezi and other information tools to analyze and organize information.
• Use the writing process, media and visual literacy, and technology skills to create products that express new understandings.
(ACARA, 2013 : Australian Curriculum Lessons, 2013).
Watch the Video below
(Australian Curriculum Lessons, 2013).
Choose an endangered specie
Click on the link below
Breakdown of Topic
Aim: To identify and understand the concept of endangered species
Students are to choose and research an endangered specie
Gather information and sort through using credible sources through the guidance of the Prezi
Compile a presentation, using information, video clips and images for a news report of chosen endangered specie.
What is an endangered Specie?
Endangered Species are animals or plants that are in danger of becoming extinct.
E.G. Orange Bellied Parrot, armored mist frog and white rhino
Extinct species are animals or plants that no longer exist in the world.
E.G. Dinosaurs, saber tooth tigers and mammoths
Threatened Species are those which are likely to become endangered in the near future.
E.G. Humpback whale, greater bilby and southern elephant seal
How does an animal become endangered?
What are the major threats to your endangered animal?
How can your endangered animal be protected?
How is their food source impacting on their endangerment?
Where does your animal live in the world?
What are some interesting facts about your animal?
FACTS FROM P.E.T.A
FUN FACTS ABOUT ENDANGERED ANIMALS
(U.S Environmental Protection Agency, 2013)
Don't forget to visit the school library for more information!
ACARA. (2013). The Australian Curriculum: Science. Retrieved September 10, 2013 from http://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/Science/Curriculum/F-10#level6
Australian Curriculum Lessons. (2013). Endangered species science lesson: creating PSAs. Retrieved September 5, 2013 from http://www.australiancurriculumlessons.com.au/2013/04/02/endangered-species-science-lesson-creating-psas/
Australian Government. (2013). Threatened Species and ecological communities. Retrieved September 10, 2013 from http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/threatened/communities/about-ecological-communities.html#ec
BBCEarth (2011). Launching project tiger: battle to save the tiger. Retrieved September 13, 2013 from
FaunaFloraIntl (2009). Sir David Attenborough on Fauna and Flora International. Retrieved September 13, 2013 from
No Author. (n.d). Fun Facts on endangered animals. Retrieved September 13, 2013 from http://www.fun-facts.org.uk/animals/animals-endangered.htm
PETA. (n.d). Endangered Species. Retrieved September 13, 2013 from http://www.allaboutanimals.org.uk/PK-Endangered.asp
Skwirkonline. (2012). Endangered species in Australia. Retrieved September 10, 2013 from
World Wildlife Fund. (2013). Species directory. Retrieved September 10, 2013 from http://worldwildlife.org/species/directory?sort=extinction_status&direction=desc
US Environmental Protection Agency. (2012). Pesticides: endangered species protection program. Retrieved September 10, 2013 from http://www.epa.gov/espp/coloring/especies.htm
US Fish and Wildlife Service. (2013). Endangered Species. Retrieved September, 2013 from http://www.fws.gov/endangered/education/
Blirk.net (n,d). Dinosaurs. Retrieved September 10, 2013 from http://www.blirk.net/dinosaurs-wallpaper/4/1680x1050/
Wikipedia. (2013). White Rhinoceros. Retrieved September 10, 2013 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_rhinoceros
Gietler, S. (2013). Diving silverback, Dominican republic. Retrieved September 11, 2013 from http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/humpback-whales-silverbank
Fanpop. (2013). Tiger. Retrieved September 15, 2013 from http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/tigers/images/4013680/title/cute-tiger-pics-photo
Once you have gathered and sorted all your information, you can start planning your news report.
These will be filmed next week and presented to students, teachers and parents at assembly.