Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of FAHRENHEIT 451
People of this society do not think independently, do not have meaningful conversations, and no interest in reading books.
"We must all be alike. Not everyone born free and equal, like the Constitution says, but everyone made equal. Each man the image of every other; then all are happy, for there aren't mountains to help make them cower, to judge themselves against." -Captain Beatty
The society fears the thought of knowing, which leads them to depend on others (government) to think for them. Since they aren't thinking they occupy their time with tv and mass media that do not provoke the viewers thinking, just mindless entertainment.
"We are living in a time when flowers are trying to live on flowers, instead of growing on good rain and black loom." - Faber
Montag finds his path to rebirth at the same time the city has been destroyed.
"Welcome back to life."
"It was a pleasure to burn."