Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Feldmann's Four Step Art Critique
Transcript of Feldmann's Four Step Art Critique
Step 2. Analyze the elements and principles of design.
Step 3. Interpret the meaning, purpose or idea of the artwork.
Step 4. Evaluate the purpose of the artwork. A branch of philosophy that deals with the nature of beauty or; a profound experience that engages all the senses. (sound, smell, taste, memory).
What does beauty mean to you? Can beauty mean more than just a pretty picture?
Aesthetic Qualities and Theories of Art
are used to judge how successful an artwork is....
focus is on the composition and emphasis is placed on the design qualities. Formalism
art that sends a message, art that is expressive. This type of art
requires a strong communication of feelings, moods, or ideas. Emotionalism focuses on realistic representation and reminds the viewer of what they see in the real world. Imitationalism Painting by Pedro Campos. Oil on canas. (hyperrealism) How to talk about art in four steps