Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Online Learning
Present the tools they can use to keep track of their progress as independent learners.
Identify the nature of an active English learning self-assessing dynamic. CONTENT ORGANIZATION 1. The Cognitive Science and the 21st Century
2. The need to raise awareness
3. Class Contents and strategies
recording device 5. Impact
6. conclusions COGNITIVE SCIENCE AND THE 21ST CENTURY Daniel Willingham & Paul Thagard Factual Knowledge Before Skills
Mind Processes to Solve Problems "Skills Operate on Knowledge" 21st century profile ...
a critical thinker
a problem sover
& action plan Awareness & Independence The needs that motivate me
The skills I Have
The problems I identify
The resources at hand
My willingness Teacher's Expectations Engagement
Progress & Consolidation
Curiosity CONTENT AND STRATEGIES English Program & Metacognition "Cognitive science is devoted to the study of how people think and learn and how, when, and whether they use what they know to solve problems." Reading Skills Monitoring Understanding Comprehension Questions
Identification of Points of View
statement of opinions use of new language in the context of the unit TOOLS go With the Flow
worry abOut ContEnt
MaiL iT WHAT WOULD YOU DO
WITH ALL THAT'S AHEAD? IMPACT process-oriented instruction
exploitation of resources
training on skills
development of discoursive skills lesson planning
variety IMPACT conclusions Experience enhances the learner's understanding of their role
Assessment promotes awareness among students and teachers active self-assessment motivates students to develop their discoursive skills.
active self-assessment takes English learning as a global process that is supported in the classroom.