Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ancient Chinese Horse Collar
Transcript of Ancient Chinese Horse Collar
When was the horse collar and harnessing system first created/made?
Throat and girth system
4th century BCE trace harness was invented
3rd century BCE collar harness was invented
Horse collars found in Qin Tombs
Why was the horse collar invented?
Horse collar is very effecient
Could pull heavier loads
Replaced un-effecient throat and girth system
Who were the main individuals or groups involved in the creation of the horse collar?
How the horse collar was made and with what materials?
Leather covered "sausage"
Padded wooden saddle
How did the horse collar contribute to the Ancient Chinese society and what purpose did it serve?
Does it tell anything about that period in China's history and if so, what?
Innovative and creative population
What other inventions did the horse collar possibly lead to?
Heavier farming equipment
Didn't lead to any other harnessing equipment
My own photos
Q1. What were the predecessors of the modern horse collar?
Q2. Name five parts of the horse collar
Q3. What other harnessing system did the horse collar lead to?