Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cuba
, Luis, Brittany, Joseph
no limit on president terms
Raul Castro nudges Cuba in a new direction
Cuba is a secular state (don't believe or support any religion)
Catholicism remains the prominent religion
Communist party of Cuba has complete control over society
Kids are required to work the land for part of the year
Death rates are considerably low compared to U.S.
Cuban students are expected to commit to the goals of the state
Cuba's economic freedom is one of the least free
They are isolated
Mainly been a controlled economy
potential for growth (Cuba's economy today is a wreck)
Average american worker makes about $45,000 a year
Average cuban worker makes about $240 a year
Cuban culture is diverse, complex, and truly fascinating
Spanish, African, French, and Asian influences
Music and dance is a very important part of their culture
Cuba is not a nice place to visit nor is it a nice place to live at
Cuba isn't very technologically advanced
They have National telephone system, internet, a power generation system
On the verge of a technology break through
birthplace of intoxicating rhythms such as the Danzón, the Son, the Bolero, the Mambo and the Cha Cha Cha.
"They kept yelling at me 'Negra de mierda, móntate en la guagua,'" (Shitty nigger, get in the bus) she said.
Reina Luisa Tamayo, mother of Cuban martyr Orlando Zapata Tamayo
Soil Degradation and desertification
loss of biological diversity
1. What kind of technology does Cuba have
2. What's the number one sport in Cuba
3. How much does a Cuban worker make
4. What religion is practiced the most