Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ENGLISH FOR TRAVEL AGENTS
Transcript of ENGLISH FOR TRAVEL AGENTS
Read articles related to the topic
Create your own personal dictionary
Use it every day
yes... Practice makes perfect! Vocabulary for travel agents
English for the tourism industry
Learn Traveling English
English for Tourists
Travel agents English terminology
... and lots more! Remember... 85% is your responsibility Which are the four skills? Day 1: Reading Day 2: Listening Day 3: Writing... boring but necessary! Day 4: Speaking, get a partner! Any other Skills? What about singing? and Chatting? These are some of the basic skills you have to practice... Now... let's do some sample workshops! Why not start with...
VOCABULARY? 1. There are no seats available for the date that you (requested/recalled).
2. How (flexible/changeable) are you? ( = How much are you willing/able to change your schedule?
3. Would you be (interesting/interested) in renting a car while you're there?
4. We've got some great (deals/dealings) on airplane tickets to Dubai right now.
5. That flight is (full/complete). Let's try to find you a seat on another flight.
6. The (layover/takeover) ( = time you have to wait for your connecting flight) in Paris is two hours.
7. We can (arrange/make) ( = organize) your entire trip.
8. Will you be traveling (alone/lonely)?
9. I booked you a flight on October 1st, (returning/coming) on October 15th.
10. You also qualify for a 10% senior (discount/deal). (= 10% reduction in price for older people) That was quite easy . Let's try another one... Fill in each blank with the correct word. If both words can be used, choose the one that sounds more natural in each situation:
1. Will this be a one-way ticket, or a (returning/return) ticket? ( = in the United States, "round-trip ticket" is used)
2. I've heard nothing but (positive/benefits) things about this resort.
3. Are you interested in buying travel (insurance/assurance) ?
4. This is probably your best (option/optional).
5. We have a lot of (package/box) deals ( = deals which include air, hotel, and sometimes food/drinks) to Cuba and the Dominican Republic right now.
6. You can (upgrade/increase) to a four-star hotel for $200 more.
7. You'll have to (confirm/conform) your reservation by the end of tomorrow.
8. The ticket has to be (purchased/presented) ( = bought) by Thursday.
9. To pay in (full/complete) = To pay the entire/whole price
10. A passenger's " " (itinerary/journey) is their proposed route of travel (travel plan).
Write the correct word (from the list on the right) to describe each picture:
pedestrian and one with pictures... These are just a few examples... The rest is up to you!!! Reading Books
anything! Listening! Podcasts
Conferences Writing... yes, write emails, letters, short essays. Remember your Word program corrects you, too! and obviously, speak! Thank you for coming and I hope you enjoyed this presentation My name is
Juan Sebastián Yepes
(57) 300 3130161
FNL Centro de Idiomas