Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Highly gifted children
Transcript of Highly gifted children
1.1. Famous gifted people
1.2. Definition of giftedness or talent
Rezulli's three-part model
1.3. The spinning woman
2. MAIN PART
2.1. Areas of giftedness
General intellectual ability,
Specific academic talent,
Creative and productive thinking,
Visual and performing arts,
2.2. Measure of giftedness
HAWIK IV, AID 2 and BIS – HB
3-5 % of population
•Mildly Gifted - 115 - 129
•Moderately Gifted - 130 - 144
•Highly Gifted – from 145 - 159
•Exceptionally Gifted – 160 - 179
•Profoundly Gifted – from 180
of gifted children
- Atypical interests at the pre-school age
- Reading, writing, counting at the pre-school age
- High activity, intellectual curiosity, asking questions,
- Debating global problems and issues of morality, ethics, limits
- Desire for communication with adults or older children
- Unwillingness to submit to command, authority
3. FINAL EVALUATION
3.1. Problems of gifted children
• Sleep disturbances
• Emotional problems
• Problems in social relationships
• Speech problems
3.2. Support for gifted children
•let the children think, discover and discuss
•listen to them, learn from them
•support intrinsic motivation
•offer a lot of interesting activities
•be a partner and help for the child
for your attention!
Do you know any gifted child, or do you
think there are gifted children around you?
If so, how and why are they supported?
How do you think is it possible for us
to recognize a gifted child?
Renzulli, J.S.: The enrichment triad model: A guide for developing defensible program for the gifted and talented. Mansfield Center: Creative Learning Press, 1977, ISBN 0-936386-01-0
LAZNIBATOVÁ, J.: Nadané dieťa. 3. nezmenené vydanie. Bratislava: IRIS, 2007. 412 s. ISBN 80 – 89018 – 53 – X