Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of RATS!
What is a rat?
A rodent that resembles a large mouse, typically having a pointed snout and a long, sparsely haired tail. Some are kept as pets. Some are responsible for transmitting diseases
Rats were blamed for the Bubonic Plague.
Rats have a great sense of smell and are easy to train.
What was the Bubonic Plague?
A more current rat invasion...
Rats will eat pretty much anything.
They are scavengers and will pick
up and eat anything they find. They
will also travel up to 300 feet to
A pair of rats (one male and one female)
can produce up to 70 babies a year!
- It only takes 22 days for the babies to grow
and be born (that is less than 1 month)
- Females can have up to 6 babies at one time!
To bait rats, use peanut butter, bacon, rolled oats
1. Summarize the Black Plague in 3 or more sentences.
2. What role did rats play in the Black Plague?
3. If you had several rats living at your house, do you think
they would be hard to get rid of? (Base your answer off what
4. Compare/Contrast the amount of babies a rat has to the
amount that a human has in one year. What are the
5. Name two things you learned about rats.